July 19 Worship & *ONLINE SERVICE UPDATE*
- *ONLINE SERVICE WILL NOT BE STREAMED LIVE: After some more adjustments and trials this week with some help, I have decided to surrender to the internet of VKH and set the live stream efforts aside until more reliable and preferably faster internet is available in town. At the rate we have been going we were looking at you having to continue to wait until the service was over for the “live” video to process before you could watch it without being distracted by an abundance of glitches. So given the circumstances, I've decided it is preferable to just record the service and have someone with fibre internet upload it to our YouTube channel shortly after the service making it available no later than 2pm. It's inconvenient, but people will also be inconvenienced with being asked to join the second evening service from now on as well, and at least this way the quality of the video will be much more reliable and dependable.
- The funeral service for Pastor Harms will be held completely online through our YouTube Channel and the pre recording will be scheduled to be streamed live on YouTube on Saturday July 25 @ 11:00AM. All are invited to join together with Grace and the Harms family from your homes to mourn with those who mourn and to rejoice for Herb as he has gone ahead of us into the presence of his Lord.
- Dave Gionet will be getting baptized on Sunday evening August 2 (weather permitting) as a testimony of Christ's salvation and demonstration of his commitment to walk by faith in obedience to our Lord. The location will be a river front or outdoor pool (TBD… any suggestions?) and will coincide with the second evening service.
- Tithes & Offerings: To contribute financially to our church’s ministry you can do so online at our website (click here) or you may send a cheque, in your church offering envelope, enclosed in a regular envelope to the Shuh’s home address.
In addition to previous instructions provided on our website (here):
4. Pray together
5. Sing – “Be Still My Soul”
6. Listen to the sermon together on Matthew 5:23-26 on our YouTube channel “Vankleek Hill Baptist Church.” available by 2pm
Sermon questions for kids:
1. Have you ever responded to anyone in anger or treated them with contempt? Write down a recent example.
2. What does Jesus say you should do about it, and when?
3. When does Jesus say we should do something about it?
May the Spirit of God lead each of us together as one, according to the eternal Word of Christ, to the glory of God the Father!
Yours in Christ,